CCL 2019

A few weeks ago we had Carey Celebrates literature (CCL)  and if was for the WHOLE WEEK. There was a special group of people who made activities for the Thursday and I was in it. It was definitely the best part of CCL apart from the mess made by the people. We made an activity where you make bookmarks which could be laminated so obviously I had to say it was the best. We also had a workshop with the famous illustration Mark Wilson which was also pretty cool.

In the Mark Wilson workshop we learnt a lot about drawing and Australian animals. He taught us that sometimes it’s good to start with the basic shape of an animal and to build of of that. He also said that this is mostly useful for detailed animals such as porky pines and close up animals with lots of fur. If you could come to CCL would you and why would you?

3 comments

1. Hi Dillon,

What a great post! You hooked me in straight away! I liked the way you described the events. It was so good I fact I felt like I was there. I would definitely come and I would come because of all the fun activities. Keep up the good work.

Grace

2. Hi Dillon,

Good job! You did good on writing about something you liked during CCL. I went to CCL and it was enjoyable. My favourite part was bookmarks.
    From Sarah

3. Thankyou everybody for all these comments. Grace my favourite book is probably one of the diary of a wimpy kid books. Thankyou